"CHIEF, COMPUTER PROGRAMMER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, schedules, and directs preparation of programs to process data and solve problems by use of computers: Consults with managerial and systems analysis personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
- 2) Assigns, coordinates, and reviews work of programming personnel.
- 3) Develops programs from workflow charts or diagrams, considering factors, such as computer storage capacity and speed, extent of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
- 4) Converts workflow charts to language processable by computer.
- 5) Enters program codes into computer.
- 6) Enters test data into computer.
- 7) Analyzes test runs on computer to correct or direct correction of coded program and input data.
- 8) Revises or directs revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- 9) Compiles documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- 10) Trains subordinates in programming and program coding.
- 11) Prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
- 12) Collaborates with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- 13) Prepares records and reports.
Is being a "CHIEF, COMPUTER PROGRAMMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIEF, COMPUTER PROGRAMMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIEF, COMPUTER PROGRAMMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIEF, COMPUTER PROGRAMMER"
Job Number: 1792