Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research, analysis, synthesis, and experimentation on substances, for such purposes as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and improvement of analytical methodologies: Devises new equipment, and develops formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
- 2) Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, utilizing such techniques as chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry.
- 3) Induces changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
- 4) Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- 5) Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
- 6) Confers with scientists and engineers regarding research, and prepares technical papers and reports.
- 7) Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- 8) May be designated according to chemistry specialty as Chemist, Analytical; Chemist, Inorganic; Chemist, Organic; Chemist Physical.
Is being a "CHEMIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHEMIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHEMIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHEMIST"
Job Number: 1765