Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research and analysis concerning chemistry of foods to develop and improve foods and beverages: Experiments with natural and synthetic materials or byproducts to develop new foods, additives, preservatives, anti-adulteration agents, and related products.
- 2) Studies effects of various methods of processing, preservation, and packaging on composition and properties of foods, such as color, texture, aroma, taste, shelf life, and nutritive content.
- 3) Tests food and beverage samples, such as starch, sugar, cereals, beer, canned and dehydrated food products, meats, vegetables, dairy foods, and other products to ensure compliance with food laws, and standards of quality and purity.
- 4) May perform, or supervise workers performing, quality control tests in food processing, canning, freezing, brewing or distilling.
- 5) May specialize in particular food or process.
Is being a "CHEMIST, FOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHEMIST, FOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHEMIST, FOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHEMIST, FOOD"
Job Number: 1766