Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests materials and monitors operations of nuclear-powered electric generating plant, using specialized laboratory equipment and chemical and radiation detection instruments: Collects samples of water, gases, and solids at specified intervals during production process, using automatic sampling equipment.
- 2) Analyzes materials, according to specified procedures, to determine if chemical components and radiation levels are within established limits.
- 3) Records test results and prepares reports for review by supervisor.
- 4) Assists workers to set up equipment and monitors equipment that automatically detects deviations from standard operations.
- 5) Notifies personnel to adjust processing equipment, quantity of additives, and rate of discharge of waste materials, when test results and monitoring of equipment indicate that radiation levels, chemical balance, and discharge of radionuclide materials are in excess of standards.
- 6) Carries out decontamination procedures to ensure safety of workers and continued operation of processing equipment in plant.
- 7) Calibrates and maintains chemical instrumentation sensing elements and sampling system equipment, using handtools.
- 8) Assists workers in diagnosis and correction of problems in instruments and processing equipment.
- 9) Advises plant personnel of methods of protection from excessive exposure to radiation.
Is being a "CHEMICAL-RADIATION TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHEMICAL-RADIATION TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHEMICAL-RADIATION TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHEMICAL-RADIATION TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 1762