Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies chemical engineering principles and technical skills to assist CHEMICAL ENGINEER in developing, improving, and testing chemical-plant processes, products, and equipment: Prepares charts, sketches, diagrams, flow charts, and compiles and records engineering data to clarify design details or functional criteria of chemical processing and physical operation units.
- 2) Participates in fabricating, installing, and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met.
- 3) Tests developmental equipment and formulates standard operating procedures.
- 4) Tests processing equipment and instruments to observe and record operating characteristics and performance of specified design or process.
- 5) Observes chemical or physical operation processes and recommends modification or change.
- 6) Observes and confers with equipment operators to ensure specified techniques are used.
- 7) Writes technical reports and submits finding to CHEMICAL ENGINEER.
- 8) Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of chemical processing equipment.
- 9) May prepare chemical solutions for use in processing materials, such as synthetic textiles, detergents, and fertilizers following formula.
- 10) May set up test apparatus.
- 11) May instruct or direct activities of technical personnel.
- 12) May assist in developing and testing prototype processing systems and be designated Chemical-Engineering Technician, Prototype-Development.
- 13) May assist in development of pilot-plant units and be designated Pilot-Plant Research-Technician.
Is being a "CHEMICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHEMICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHEMICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHEMICAL-ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 1758