Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises, coordinates, and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods in hotel, restaurant, cafeteria, or other establishment: Estimates food consumption, and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs.
- 2) Receives and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- 3) Selects and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge and experience in food preparation.
- 4) Supervises personnel engaged in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- 5) Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- 6) May be designated according to cuisine specialty as Chef, French; Chef, German; Chef, Italian; or according to food specialty as Chef, Broiler Or Fry; Chef, Saucier.
- 7) May supervise worker preparing food for banquet and be designated Banquet Chef.
Is being a "CHEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHEF"
Job Number: 1742