Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends charging mechanism that moves steel shapes, such as blooms, billets, and slabs, in specified sequence, through soaking-pit furnace: Signals CHARGER-OPERATOR HELPER or OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to position steel on furnace skids.
- 2) Moves levers on control panel to position skid on entry bed, open furnace door, and start pusher arm that pushes steel into furnace.
- 3) Observes inside of furnace, projected on television screen, and moves controls to spot steel in specified locations.
- 4) Moves controls to discharge steel onto mill rollers.
- 5) Records quantity of steel charged and discharged.
- 6) Assists other workers in cleaning furnace bottoms and repairing or replacing defective equipment, using handtools.
Is being a "CHARGER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHARGER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHARGER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHARGER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1707