Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to recharge nuclear reactor in nuclear plant: Reads work orders and confers with supervisor to determine reactor tube loading sequence.
- 2) Reads thermometer to ensure that water temperature is at level specified for charging operation.
- 3) Pushes button to raise charge-discharge machine to specified height for removal of loaded monotubes from wall-storage racks.
- 4) Turns levers to position machine in horizontal alignment with specified wall rack, and moves transfer-arm controls to remove tubes from rack.
- 5) Pushes buttons to move charging machine and align serially-numbered monotube with specifically-numbered reactor-wall opening.
- 6) Activates charging machine pump to force water into monotube and push piston forward to fill reactor tube with fuel elements and to clear irradiated elements out of reactor.
Is being a "CHARGE-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHARGE-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHARGE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHARGE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1704