Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Upholsters chairs having no springs: Cuts out and molds padding material in place on arms, seats, or backs, and covers padding with cotton wadding.
- 2) Stretches and tacks or staples canvas, burlap, or denim over wadding, leaving opening for further filling.
- 3) Molds and packs wadding under cover, using hands or rod to eliminate lumps.
- 4) Closes opening with tacks when packing is completed.
- 5) Stretches precut upholstery covering over covered padding and tacks it in place.
- 6) Sews or glues trimming over tacks and raw edges of upholstery.
- 7) May glue foam cushions to particleboard backing to form seat cushions for chairs.
- 8) May glue upholstery material onto shaped foam to make cushions for upholstered furniture.
Is being a "CHAIR UPHOLSTERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHAIR UPHOLSTERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHAIR UPHOLSTERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHAIR UPHOLSTERER"
Job Number: 1682