Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research, designs machinery, develops processing techniques, and directs technical work concerned with manufacture of ceramic products: Directs testing of physical, chemical, and heat-resisting properties of materials, such as clays and silicas.
- 2) Analyzes results of test to determine combinations of materials which will improve quality of products.
- 3) Conducts research into methods of processing, forming, and firing of clays to develop new ceramic products, such as ceramic machine tools, refractories for space vehicles, and for use in glass and steel furnaces.
- 4) Designs equipment and apparatus for forming, firing, and handling products.
- 5) Coordinates testing activities of finished products for characteristics, such as texture, color, durability, glazing, and refractory properties.
- 6) May specialize in one branch of ceramic production, such as brick, glass, crockery, tile, pipe, or refractories.
- 7) May specialize in developing heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials for use in aerospace, electronics, and nuclear energy fields.
Is being a "CERAMIC ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CERAMIC ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CERAMIC ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CERAMIC ENGINEER"
Job Number: 1668