"CENTRIFUGE OPERATOR, PLASMA PROCESSING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends centrifuges which separate plasma from whole blood for extraction of plasma: Packs plastic bags containing freshly drawn whole blood into designated containers in centrifuge.
- 2) Fastens centrifuge cover and depresses switch to activate centrifuge mechanism.
- 3) Removes centrifuged whole blood units after designated time, examines each to confirm separation of plasma from whole blood, and places each whole blood unit in plasma extractor, positioning holes at top of plastic bag on metal prongs.
- 4) Inserts plastic tube of transfer unit into each whole blood unit and observes process as plasma is extracted from upper portion of plastic bag into bottle, to make certain that no red blood cells are drawn into plasma bottle.
- 5) Seals off bottle and returns plasma bottle to rack.
- 6) Removes blood unit from holder and gives to nursing personnel for return to donor.
- 7) Marks each plasma bottle with blood group as indicated on plastic bag to assure separation of blood groups and prevent cross-contamination of blood groups during fractionation.
- 8) Stores filled bottles of plasma in freezer.
- 9) Cleans centrifuges and work area.
Is being a "CENTRIFUGE OPERATOR, PLASMA PROCESSING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CENTRIFUGE OPERATOR, PLASMA PROCESSING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CENTRIFUGE OPERATOR, PLASMA PROCESSING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CENTRIFUGE OPERATOR, PLASMA PROCESSING"
Job Number: 1661