Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends centrifugal drier that removes water or other liquids from slurries: Inserts filter cloth and screen in basket of centrifugal drum.
- 2) Lowers bell-shaped cover over outlet in bottom of basket if unit is bottom-discharge type and shovels, pours, or pumps slurry into basket.
- 3) Closes lid if unit is top-discharge type.
- 4) Starts basket revolving and moves control to regulate speed, according to specifications.
- 5) Lifts bell, lowers blade to cut crystallized cake from walls of basket, and pushes centrifuged mass through outlet into containers or onto conveyor, using paddle.
- 6) May release trap door, start pumps, or shovel material from basket to unload drier.
- 7) May turn steam or fuel valves to heat drier basket or drum to maintain centrifuged material at specified temperature while drying.
- 8) When drying and discharging salt, may be designated Salt Cutter.
Is being a "CENTRIFUGAL-DRIER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CENTRIFUGAL-DRIER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CENTRIFUGAL-DRIER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CENTRIFUGAL-DRIER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1653