"CENTRIFUGAL-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR III"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates centrifugal casting machine to cast artillery barrels: Grinds rough spots from inside of mold with grinding wheel mounted on end of long rod.
- 2) Fills pits on inside surface of mold with refractory material.
- 3) Fits refractory stoppers into ends of mold.
- 4) Mounts pouring box, which serves as funnel for pouring melt from furnace into mold, on special frame at breech end of mold and fits spout of box through hole in stopper.
- 5) Starts machine rotating at specified speed.
- 6) Directs OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR in positioning portable furnace containing melt for pouring, and pushes electric controls to tilt furnace and pour melt into pouring box.
- 7) Forces casting from mold, using hydraulic ram.
- 8) Observes instruments and records data, such as temperature of mold before and after pouring and time required to complete pour.
- 9) May operate machine from control board and be designated Casting-Machine-Control-Board Operator.
Is being a "CENTRIFUGAL-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR III" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CENTRIFUGAL-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR III" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CENTRIFUGAL-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR III"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CENTRIFUGAL-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR III"
Job Number: 1650