Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates telephone switchboard to establish or assist customers in establishing local or long-distance telephone connections: Observes signal light on switchboard, plugs cords into trunk-jack, and dials or presses button to make connections.
- 2) Inserts tickets in calculagraph to record time of toll calls.
- 3) Consults charts to determine charges for pay-telephone calls, and requests coin deposits for calls.
- 4) May give information regarding subscribers' telephone numbers.
- 5) Calculates and quotes charges on long-distance calls.
- 6) May make long-distance connections and be designated Long-Distance Operator.
Is being a "CENTRAL-OFFICE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CENTRAL-OFFICE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CENTRAL-OFFICE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CENTRAL-OFFICE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1640