"CD-REACTOR OPERATOR, HEAD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls catalytic reactor to convert monovinylacetylene into unpolymerized constituent of neoprene rubber, according to knowledge of process and sequence of operations: Opens valves to admit water and nitrogen to system, removing air to prevent fires or explosions.
- 2) Admits specified chemicals to system and observes their color to detect presence of oxygen.
- 3) Sets valves and controllers to maintain prescribed positive pressure in system.
- 4) Turns valves to circulate hydrogen chloride solution through gas scrubbers and to pass vaporized monovinylacetylene through solution that removes impurities.
- 5) Starts reaction system or directs CD-REACTOR OPERATOR to start system.
- 6) Adjusts valves, flowmeters, and automatic controllers to obtain specified equilibrium between gas feeds and to maintain pressures and temperatures within specified limits.
- 7) Determines adjustments required to avert or correct emergency situations with minimum loss in time and yield.
- 8) Starts condenser to remove unreacted monovinylacetylene from product.
- 9) Inspects equipment and arranges for cleaning and repairs.
- 10) Drains and steam-cleans processing equipment and lines during shutdowns, using steam generator and hose.
- 11) Draws samples of products for laboratory analysis.
- 12) Records operational data in log.
Is being a "CD-REACTOR OPERATOR, HEAD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CD-REACTOR OPERATOR, HEAD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CD-REACTOR OPERATOR, HEAD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CD-REACTOR OPERATOR, HEAD"
Job Number: 1598