Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates equipment to control chemical reaction of soda ash and milk of lime to make caustic soda: Opens valves and starts pumps to fill dissolving tank with specified amounts of soda ash and milk of lime.
- 2) Starts mixer in tank to agitate materials and dissolve solids.
- 3) Draws sample of mixture from tank and measures its gravity with hydrometer.
- 4) Opens water valve to dilute mixture and obtain specified concentrations according to type of product.
- 5) Turns valves and rheostats to adjust feeding of solution to reactor tank.
- 6) Periodically takes samples of reacting liquor and titrates samples with normal acid to determine concentration of caustic soda being formed.
- 7) Conducts similar tests and titrations to determine salt content and concentration of various liquors.
- 8) Clears stopped pipelines and repairs equipment, using handtools.
Is being a "CAUSTICISER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAUSTICISER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAUSTICISER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAUSTICISER"
Job Number: 1594