"CATALYST OPERATOR, GASOLINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls machines that combine ingredients, such as sodium silicate, sulfuric acid, water, and caustic soda to make catalysts used in manufacture of high-octane gasolines: Dumps dry ingredients into electric mixing vats and turns valves to admit prescribed amounts of liquid ingredients.
- 2) Observes thermometers and flowmeters, and adjusts gauges to control temperature and amount of flow.
- 3) Turns valves to allow mixture to flow from mixing vats to vacuum filters to remove excess water.
- 4) Controls pumps that force mixture through spray-dryers where particles of catalyst are formed, and turns dials on control panel to regulate temperature and speed of spray.
- 5) Controls pumping of catalyst particles from bottom of dryers to washer-filters for removal of cation and anion impurities.
- 6) Turns valves to regulate flow of catalyst through hot-air steam dryers and observes temperature and speed of flow to ensure specified drying.
- 7) May draw off samples of mixture for analysis.
- 8) May keep records of batches processed.
Is being a "CATALYST OPERATOR, GASOLINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CATALYST OPERATOR, GASOLINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CATALYST OPERATOR, GASOLINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CATALYST OPERATOR, GASOLINE"
Job Number: 1581