Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates rotating casting wheel to pour molten nonferrous metal, such as copper, lead, or aluminum into molds to form ingots: Moves control lever to rotate wheel and position mold under pouring spout of kettle or furnace.
- 2) Pulls lever to remove stopper from bottom of kettle or to tilt ladle to allow metal to flow into mold.
- 3) Rotates wheel to spot successive molds under spout.
- 4) Observes process to ensure that castings are dumped and that molds are returned to starting position.
- 5) May spray empty molds with coating to prevent metal from sticking to mold.
- 6) May divert stream of metal into bucket, using hose, to obtain samples for laboratory.
- 7) May operate pump to force lead from kettle into mold.
- 8) May skim impurities, using spatula or spoon, and solidify molten lead by regulating flow of water in water-cooled mold.
- 9) May observe furnace gauge to verify that temperature of molten metal meets specifications.
- 10) May change pouring spout, using chain hoist and handtools.
- 11) May operate casting-wheel machine that advances molds automatically at predetermined rate.
Is being a "CASTING-WHEEL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASTING-WHEEL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASTING-WHEEL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASTING-WHEEL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1577