Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists CASTING OPERATOR in casting aluminum alloys into ingots: Places distributing trough between furnace taphole and mold.
- 2) Positions baffle plates, screens, and control pins in trough, using handtools.
- 3) Takes sample of molten metal for subsequent analysis.
- 4) Skims dross off molten aluminum in holding furnace, using drag rake.
- 5) Inserts thermocouple into mold and records temperature of ingot.
- 6) Examines ingot for cracks, using reflectoscope.
- 7) Stencils identification numbers on ingots.
- 8) Hooks cable to ingot for removal by OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "CASTING-OPERATOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASTING-OPERATOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASTING-OPERATOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASTING-OPERATOR HELPER"
Job Number: 1574