"CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates one or more automatic single- or multiple-mold casting machines to mold storage battery parts, such as grids, connectors, and posts: Loads lead bars or shovels pig lead and scrap lead into melting kettle.
- 2) Ignites burners and sets controls to melt lead and heat molds to specified temperature.
- 3) Smokes or coats mold with compound to prevent sticking, using acetylene torch or spray gun.
- 4) Aligns and adjusts mold halves to ensure casting of grids according to specified thickness, using handtools.
- 5) Turns valves to control flow of lead to ladles and water to mold-cooling sprays.
- 6) Starts machine that automatically pours specified amount of lead from ladle into mold.
- 7) Inspects parts ejected from molds to detect defects or discolorations, and measures and weighs grids, using fixed gauges and scale, to ensure conformance to thickness and weight specifications.
- 8) Adjusts temperatures of lead and molds and flow of lead or water to correct defects.
- 9) Removes lead adhering to mold, using brush or scraper.
- 10) Skims dross from molten lead, using hand ladle.
- 11) May operate single-mold machine equipped with press that automatically trims grids.
- 12) May repair pipe connections and stitch or replace conveyor belt, using handtools.
- 13) May change or adjust molds.
Is being a "CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 1571