Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects metal castings for dimensional accuracy and surface defects: Measures dimensions of casting, using fixed gauges.
- 2) Examines casting for defects, such as cracks and blowholes.
- 3) Separates and marks defective castings according to salvage operation required.
- 4) May chip surplus metal from casting, using hammer and chisel.
- 5) May tap casting with hammer to determine from sound if casting has been heattreated or to detect defects, such as cracks or thin walls.
Is being a "CASTING INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASTING INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASTING INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASTING INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 1562