Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to fill rocket motor cases with rocket fuel and to cure rocket fuel: Attaches handling ring or sling to motor case, using handtools or portable power tools.
- 2) Positions motor cases in casting rig, using hoist, and tightens holding clamp with wrench.
- 3) Inserts mandrel inside motor case, using hoist, and tightens clamps on casting rig to hold it in position.
- 4) Conveys and positions casting can over rig, using hoist, and connects hose to rig.
- 5) Moves console controls to pump fuel from casting can to motor case.
- 6) Observes level of fuel in case through closed-circuit television and moves controls to regulate volume of fuel charge.
- 7) Stops pump and presses hydraulic control to move mandrel into final position in motor case.
- 8) Lifts motor case onto overhead conveyor, using hoist, and starts conveyor to move motor case into curing oven.
- 9) Observes recording-instrument charts on control panel of curing oven to verify specified temperatures and curing times.
Is being a "CASTING-AND-CURING OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASTING-AND-CURING OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASTING-AND-CURING OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASTING-AND-CURING OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1565