Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles wooden caskets from preformed panels and moldings and attaches supplemental hardware: Nails and glues side, end, and bottom sections together to form casket body.
- 2) Assembles preformed sections of top frame, using hammer, glue, clamping nails, and bar clamps.
- 3) Locates and marks midpoint of top frame, using ruler and pencil.
- 4) Glues and nails panelboard and brace block between sides at midpoint for reinforcement.
- 5) Positions template over top edge of body or measures body with ruler to locate position of hinges and catches, and recesses positions, using hammer and chisel or portable router.
- 6) Drills holes at specified locations, using portable power drill.
- 7) Installs hardware, such as corners, handles, hinges, and catches, using hand or power screwdriver.
- 8) Sands and planes edges between body, top frame, and top panel to form tight joint, using planer or portable sander.
- 9) Attaches top panel to top frame, using hand or powered screwdriver.
- 10) Measures, cuts, and attaches ornamental molding or beading to casket body, using saw, hammer, miter box, and ruler.
- 11) Sets nailheads, using hammer and nail set.
- 12) Fills cracks and nail holes with wood filler or plaster of paris by hand or with putty knife.
- 13) Smooths joints and edges, using sandpaper and handtools.
- 14) May cut or trim wood to specified size for use in assembly of casket, using cutoff saw.
- 15) May be designated according to part of casket assembled as Body Maker; Cap Maker; Molding Fitter; Panel Fitter; Top-Frame Fitter; Top-Frame Maker.
Is being a "CASKET ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASKET ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASKET ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASKET ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 1549