Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up, according to job order specifications, machines that automatically perform in sequence such operations as rounding and backing, supering and lining, casing-in, and pressing to convert gathered signatures into finished book: Mounts rolls of cloth and paper lining and headbands on machine spindles.
- 2) Fills glue pot and adjusts flow of glue.
- 3) Installs and adjusts feed guides, holding clamps, rollers, rounding forms, creasing ram, and other machine parts to accommodate specified size books, using measuring instruments and handtools.
- 4) Sets thermostatic control and pressure gauge according to thickness of book and amount of pressure to be applied.
- 5) Turns screws to adjust cutting mechanism to cut linings and headbands to book size.
- 6) Starts machine to process sample book and verify accuracy of machine setup.
- 7) Makes adjustments as necessary during production run.
- 8) May direct activities or perform duties of CASING-IN-LINE FEEDER.
Is being a "CASING-IN-LINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASING-IN-LINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASING-IN-LINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASING-IN-LINE SETTER"
Job Number: 1545