Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives funds from customers and employees, disburses funds, and records monetary transactions in business establishment or place of public accommodation: Receives cash or checks or completes credit-card charge transactions.
- 2) Counts money to verify amounts and issues receipts for funds received.
- 3) Issues change and cashes checks.
- 4) Compares totals on cash register with amount of currency in register to verify balances.
- 5) Endorses checks and lists and totals cash and checks for bank deposit.
- 6) Prepares bank deposit slips.
- 7) Withdraws cash from bank accounts and keeps custody of cash fund.
- 8) Disburses cash and writes vouchers and checks in payment of company expenditures.
- 9) Posts data and balances accounts.
- 10) Compiles collection, disbursement, and bank-reconciliation reports.
- 11) Operates office machines, such as typewriter, computer terminal, and adding, calculating, bookkeeping, and check-writing machines.
- 12) May authorize various plant expenditures and purchases.
- 13) May prepare payroll and paychecks.
- 14) May issue itemized statement to customer.
- 15) May be designated according to specialization as Agency Cashier; Cashier, Front Office.
- 16) When disbursing money in payment of wages, materials, taxes, plant maintenance, and other company expenses, is designated Disbursement Clerk.
Is being a "CASHIER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASHIER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASHIER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASHIER I"
Job Number: 1530