Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls furnace to harden surface of steel objects, using any of following methods: Places objects in wire basket and immerses them in heated chemical bath, such as sodium cyanide.
- 2) Packs objects in metal boxes filled with carbonaceous material, such as coke, coal, bone charcoal, or barium carbonate, and charges boxes into furnace.
- 3) Charges objects into furnace and opens valves to circulate carbon-rich gas, such as methane, around objects during heating process.
- 4) Removes objects from bath or furnace and quenches objects in oil, water, or brine, or allows objects to cool to predetermined temperature before quenching, depending on metal properties specified.
- 5) May be designated according to article case-hardened as Die Case Hardener; or by process used as Cyanide Furnace Operator.
Is being a "CASE HARDENER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CASE HARDENER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CASE HARDENER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CASE HARDENER"
Job Number: 1521