Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and repairs ship's structural woodwork and wooden gear according to blueprints, drawings, and diagrams: Builds floors, doors, and partitions, using woodworking machines, saws, hammers, braces, and other carpenters' tools.
- 2) Moves controls of winch and windlass to raise or lower anchor.
- 3) Greases running gear and anchor windlass.
- 4) Replaces defective chains or stanchions on lifelines or guardrails.
- 5) Sounds water tanks with tape and plumb bob.
- 6) Computes and logs sounding findings.
Is being a "CARPENTER, SHIP" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARPENTER, SHIP" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARPENTER, SHIP"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARPENTER, SHIP"
Job Number: 1485