Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Builds rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions: Examines specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- 2) Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- 3) Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes.
- 4) Nails cleats across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms.
- 5) Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts, for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- 6) Erects chutes for pouring concrete.
- 7) Cuts and assembles timbers to build trestles and cofferdams.
- 8) Builds falsework to temporarily strengthen, protect, or disguise buildings undergoing construction.
- 9) Erects scaffolding for buildings and ship structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- 10) Installs door and window bucks in designated positions in building framework, and braces them with boards nailed to framework.
- 11) Installs subflooring in buildings.
- 12) Nails plaster grounds to studding to provide guide for PLASTERER.
- 13) Fits and nails sheathing on outer walls and roofs of buildings.
- 14) Builds sleds from logs and timbers for use in hauling camp buildings and machinery through wooded areas.
- 15) When specializing in particular phase of rough carpentry, is designated according to specialty as Carpenter, Cradle And Dolly; Dock Builder; Falsework Builder; Scaffold Builder; Sheather; Timber Setter.
- 16) When building and repairing timber structures which support sawmill machinery, is designated Construction Millwright.
- 17) When performing rough carpentry work above ground on sewer or tunnel projects, is designated Surface Carpenter.
Is being a "CARPENTER, ROUGH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARPENTER, ROUGH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARPENTER, ROUGH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARPENTER, ROUGH"
Job Number: 1484