Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fits and installs bulkheads, sole, and cabinets in prototype fiberglass boats, and cuts pattern for production sailboats: Reads preliminary blueprints to determine bulkhead dimensions and position.
- 2) Transfers dimensions to marine plywood, using tape measure, square, and marking devices.
- 3) Cuts wood to specified dimensions, using portable electric saw.
- 4) Lifts and carries wood and climbs scaffolds to position plywood in hull.
- 5) Pushes and pulls to position bulkhead in accordance with specifications.
- 6) Marks and trims bulkhead to remove excess material and ensure bulkhead matches hull contour.
- 7) Attaches bulkhead to pawl with clamps to immobilize bulkhead.
- 8) Applies liquid adhesive to back of trim fabric and surface to be covered, using brush.
- 9) Lays fabric on adhesive-coated area and smooths material with hands to remove wrinkles.
- 10) Slides and shoves prebuilt cabinets into specified position.
- 11) Transfers measurements of fitted parts to plywood, using tape measure, square, and marking devices.
- 12) Cuts wood, using portable electric saw, to make pattern for production sailboat.
Is being a "CARPENTER, PROTOTYPE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARPENTER, PROTOTYPE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARPENTER, PROTOTYPE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARPENTER, PROTOTYPE"
Job Number: 1482