Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Constructs and repairs wooden brick-and-tile molds and patterns or constructs wooden forms for molding concrete mixtures in manufacture of concrete products, and performs general maintenance carpentry duties: Lays out and marks measurements on material from blueprints, drawings, or samples, shapes material to size with handtools or power saw, fits mold sections with hand plane, chisel, or jointer, and joins sections with wood screws to construct new molds or patterns.
- 2) Removes damaged or worn parts and fashions and screws new parts in place to repair molds.
- 3) Performs general maintenance carpentry, such as repairing wooden doors, sills, floors, and stairways.
- 4) May cut sheet metal mold linings and edge coverings to size, using chisel, hacksaw, and shears, and screw them in place.
- 5) May make rubber molds when irregular surfaces of product require flexible molds.
- 6) May make plastic molds by applying successive layers of liquid plastic and fiberglass cloth around model.
Is being a "CARPENTER, MOLD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARPENTER, MOLD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARPENTER, MOLD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARPENTER, MOLD"
Job Number: 1481