Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs wooden railroad bridges, trestles, and tunnel supports, and replaces decayed, split, or crooked timbers, working as member of crew: Strikes timbers with hammer and listens to sound to detect decay.
- 2) Installs temporary support to hold structure in place while decayed timber is removed.
- 3) Loosens nuts and bolts that hold timber in place, using hand wrench or air-powered wrench.
- 4) Removes timber, using crowbar, or hammers on timber to slide it out of place.
- 5) Measures and cuts replacement timber to required size, using handsaw or electric saw.
- 6) Bores bolt holes in timber, using electric drill.
- 7) Slides new timber into place and secures it with nuts and bolts.
- 8) May replace defective railroad ties supporting track on bridge.
Is being a "CARPENTER, BRIDGE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARPENTER, BRIDGE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARPENTER, BRIDGE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARPENTER, BRIDGE"
Job Number: 1479