Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects crude and refined petroleum before and after transfer from terminal tanks to ship tanks, to determine if it meets prescribed standards: Lowers sample container into ship tanks to obtain sample of oil residue and into terminal tanks to sample oil, or opens bleeder valves on pipelines to obtain sample.
- 2) Determines amount and type of bottom sediment, water, and foreign substance present in oil sample, using centrifugal tester and following standard formulas.
- 3) Lowers thermometer into tanks to obtain temperature reading, and determines quantity of oil in ship tanks, using calibrated tape and conversion tables.
- 5) Turns valves to close tanks, inspects valves for leaks, and clamps seal around valves to secure tank contents.
- 6) Prepares, verifies, and examines cargo ladings, oil transportation records, and export records.
- 7) May direct BOAT LOADER I in taking samples and assist in loading and unloading oil.
- 8) May lubricate and adjust valves, using grease gun, oilcan, and handtools.
Is being a "CARGO INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARGO INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARGO INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARGO INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 1472