Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Routes inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations: Takes telephone orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and delivery to loading platform.
- 2) Assembles cargo according to destination.
- 3) Weighs items and determines cost, using rate book.
- 4) Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
- 5) Prepares manifest to accompany shipments.
- 6) Notifies shippers of delays in departure of shipment.
- 7) Unloads inbound freight and notifies consignees on arrival of shipments and arranges for delivery to consignees.
- 8) May force conditioned air into interior of plane for passenger comfort prior to departure, using mobile aircraft-air-conditioning-unit.
Is being a "CARGO AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARGO AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARGO AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARGO AGENT"
Job Number: 3738