"CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Monitors heart rhythm pattern of patients in special care unit of hospital to detect abnormal pattern variances, using telemetry equipment: Reviews patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- 2) Observes screen of cardiac monitor and listens for alarm to identify abnormal variation in heart rhythm.
- 3) Informs supervisor or NURSE, GENERAL DUTY of variances to initiate examination of patient.
- 4) Measures length and height of patient's heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout, using calipers, and posts information on patient records.
- 5) Answers calls for assistance from patients and inquiries concerning patients from medical staff, using intercom and call director.
- 6) May perform duties as described under ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN.
Is being a "CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 1459