Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Replaces worn clothing on carding machine cylinders, employing knowledge of machine operation and carding process: Removes worn clothing and aligns, levels, and spaces cylinder evenly on machine frame.
- 2) Marks cylinder to indicate location of wooden plugs and replaces defective plugs, using handtools.
- 3) Cleans surface of cylinder with solvent to remove oil and rust.
- 4) Tapers end of card clothing fillets with knife so strips can be wound parallel over circumference of cylinder.
- 5) Tacks end of fillet to cylinder plugs and guides fillet as fillet is wound onto cylinder, packing each strand tightly against preceding strand.
- 6) Tacks fillet to cylinder at specified intervals along chalked line.
- 7) May grind reclothed cylinder.
Is being a "CARD CLOTHIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARD CLOTHIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARD CLOTHIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARD CLOTHIER"
Job Number: 1448