Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and adjusts motor vehicle carburetors: Disassembles carburetors and gasoline filter units, using handtools.
- 2) Examines parts for defects and tests needle valves with wire gauges and flowmeter.
- 3) Cleans parts in solvents to remove dirt and gum deposits.
- 4) Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- 5) Reassembles carburetor and gasoline filter, and installs them in vehicle.
- 6) Starts engine and turns adjustment screw to regulate flow of air and gasoline through carburetor, using testing equipment.
- 7) May operate drill press, lathe, and other power tools to retap jets, ream throttle bodies and chokes, and machine seating surfaces of carburetor housings.
- 8) May install and repair mechanical devices that convert conventional systems to use of other fuels.
Is being a "CARBURETOR MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARBURETOR MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARBURETOR MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARBURETOR MECHANIC"
Job Number: 1444