Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and adjusts battery of machines that pass paper or plastic sheeting between series of rolls to coat it with inked wax-oil preparation to make carbon paper: Selects and installs specified rolls, such as printing, applicator, wiper, hot, and cold rolls, using wrenches.
- 2) Wipes rolls with cloth and solvent to remove dirt and excess wax.
- 3) Turns valves to admit steam and cold water into hot and cold rolls.
- 4) Observes gauges and adjusts valves to regulate temperature of rolls and heat of wax in reservoir pan.
- 5) Measures thickness of material to be coated, using micrometers, to determine that weight is as ordered.
- 6) Observes paper as it passes over and around rolls, and turns nuts to adjust positions of rolls to remove wrinkles.
- 7) Measures thickness of coated paper with micrometers, and adjusts distance between applicator and wiper rolls to produce coating of specified thickness.
- 8) Assists CARBON-COATER-MACHINE OPERATOR in installing and removing rolls of material and in cutting jammed paper from rolls.
Is being a "CARBON-PAPER-COATING-MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARBON-PAPER-COATING-MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARBON-PAPER-COATING-MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARBON-PAPER-COATING-MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 1443