Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pit furnace to bake carbon-block anodes to remove volatile matter and increase electrical conductivity: Lights burner and adjusts fuel and water valves, manifold damper, and head covers to regulate temperature in furnace.
- 2) Observes gauges and records water and fuel pressures.
- 3) Measures flue and pit temperatures, using optical pyrometer.
- 4) Inspects and maintains pumps, motors, fans, gas scrubber system, and pipelines.
- 5) Signals CARBON-FURNACE-OPERATOR HELPER to prepare alternate pits for furnace changeover to maintain baking schedule.
Is being a "CARBON-FURNACE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARBON-FURNACE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARBON-FURNACE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARBON-FURNACE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1439