Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists CARBON-FURNACE OPERATOR in baking carbon anodes in pit furnaces: Disconnects water and fuel lines from equipment after baking cycle.
- 2) Hooks cable to portable burner, blower, and exhaust manifold, and signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to lift equipment from fired pit and lower it into alternate pit.
- 3) Replaces gas main covers, flue lids, and port plates on vacated pit.
- 4) Cleans and installs cloth dustbags and vaporizer in headwall and burner respectively, and connects water and fuel hoses, using handtools.
- 5) Fills expansion joints, flue cracks, gas connections, and pitholes with mortar or coke, using trowel and shovel.
- 6) Dumps and spreads coke on pit, using overhead hoist and shovel.
- 7) Regulates dampers and turns valves on fuel lines as directed.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "CARBON-FURNACE-OPERATOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CARBON-FURNACE-OPERATOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CARBON-FURNACE-OPERATOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CARBON-FURNACE-OPERATOR HELPER"
Job Number: 1440