Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment that tilts railroad cars to dump grain into receiving hopper for transfer to storage elevator: Pulls lever to activate clamp that fastens car into position on dumping platform.
- 2) Breaks car seal and pushes open sliding door.
- 3) Starts conveyor leading from receiving hopper into elevator, and energizes electromagnet which removes metal from grain.
- 4) Receives signals, and pushes and pulls levers of dumping machinery in sequence to tilt and jog car until car is empty.
- 5) Returns car to upright position and releases holding mechanism.
- 6) May remove wood and paper falling from tipped car, using grappling hooks.
- 7) May guide grain from car, using wood or metal plank.
- 8) May pull box cars onto and off of dumping platform, using winch and cable.
Is being a "CAR-DUMPER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAR-DUMPER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAR-DUMPER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAR-DUMPER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1466