Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls movement of railroad or mine cars to position cars for loading or unloading at sidings, loading chutes, tipples, or scales, performing any combination of following tasks: Pushes or rides cars down slope.
- 2) Guides and stops cars by switching, applying brakes, or placing scotches between wheel and rail.
- 3) Uncouples and positions railroad car under loading chutes by inserting pinch bar under car wheels, using bar as fulcrum and lever to move car.
- 4) Hooks cable to car and controls cable drum brake to ease car down incline.
- 5) Opens and closes bottom doors of cars to dump contents.
- 6) May assist in cleaning and preparing cars for loading.
Is being a "CAR DROPPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAR DROPPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAR DROPPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAR DROPPER"
Job Number: 1419