Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Verifies identity of freight cars entering classification yard to ensure that trains are complete upon arrival: Records information, such as car number, type of car, car owner, and date and time of arrival.
- 2) Compares information with manifest and prepares report showing discrepancies.
- 3) Examines door seals on cars to determine that seals have not been tampered with or broken.
- 4) Marks code number or symbol on cars to indicate disposition of cars by switching crew.
- 5) May record date, mileage, and number of cars switched by switching crew and be known as Switching Clerk.
Is being a "CAR CHECKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAR CHECKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAR CHECKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAR CHECKER"
Job Number: 1415