Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and installs braces to prevent shifting or damage to products shipped in railroad cars: Determines size of bracing needed, using tape measure.
- 2) Selects lumber and cuts boards, using power saw.
- 3) Assembles boards and fits or wedges braces into position to prevent load from shifting during transit.
- 4) Nails braces to car floor or walls, using hand- or air-powered hammer.
- 5) May secure load with banding machine and clincher.
- 6) May place and inflate dunnage bags with compressed air between sections of load or between ends and sides of car and load.
- 7) May cover load with tarpaulin.
Is being a "CAR BLOCKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAR BLOCKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAR BLOCKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAR BLOCKER"
Job Number: 1413