Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates computerized captioning system to provide captions for movies or taped television productions for hearing-impaired viewers, and to provide captions in English or foreign language: Listens to dialogue of production and writes caption phrases for dialogue.
- 2) Watches production and reviews captions simultaneously to determine which caption phrases to leave in, which to revise, and where captions should be placed on screen.
- 3) Enters commands to edit and place captions, and to synchronize captions with dialogue.
- 4) May write captions to describe music and background noises.
- 5) May discuss captions with DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE , DIRECTOR, TELEVISION , PRODUCER , or PRODUCER.
- 6) May translate foreign language dialogue into English language captions, or translate English dialogue into foreign language captions.
- 7) May oversee encoding of captions to master tape of television production.
Is being a "CAPTION WRITER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAPTION WRITER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAPTION WRITER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAPTION WRITER"
Job Number: 1412