"CAPTAIN, FIRE-PREVENTION BUREAU"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of personnel of municipal fire prevention bureau: Directs building inspection, arson investigation, and distribution of fire prevention publicity material.
- 2) Confers with officials or civic representatives to improve fire safety and fire education.
- 3) Directs public information program for adults and juveniles, such as talks and demonstrations on resuscitation, fire safety, and home-safety inspections.
- 4) Oversees review of new building plans to ensure compliance with laws, ordinances, and administrative rules for public fire safety.
- 5) Studies and interprets fire safety codes to establish procedures for issuing permits regulating storage or use of hazardous and flammable substances.
- 6) Assigns FIRE INSPECTORS to investigate hazards, cases of suspected arson, and false alarms.
- 7) May participate in inspections and investigations made by subordinates.
- 8) May train and evaluate employees and oversee performance of department's clerical activities.
Is being a "CAPTAIN, FIRE-PREVENTION BUREAU" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAPTAIN, FIRE-PREVENTION BUREAU" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAPTAIN, FIRE-PREVENTION BUREAU"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAPTAIN, FIRE-PREVENTION BUREAU"
Job Number: 1411