Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles capacitors for electric transmission equipment, using handtools and soldering equipment: Solders banded porcelain bushing to cover, terminal and tube to top of bushing, and tins areas of bushing holes in top cover, using stationary or hand gas-heating equipment.
- 2) Covers bushings with protective cap to prepare covers for sandblasting, buffing, and degreasing.
- 3) Folds, creases, and pounds insulation to fit over top of wound foil and tissue, using rawhide hammer.
- 4) Hammers drive screws to fasten nameplate to capacitor.
- 5) Places cover on capacitor and tightens seal-off screw to hold cover during assembly, using screwdriver.
- 6) Twists goose-neck filler pipe to capacitor tank and removes pipe after impregnation.
- 7) Inserts brass plug and seals plug with solder, using gas torch.
- 8) May bolt capacitors to frames and connect capacitors in banks, using bare copper or insulated conductor.
- 9) May repair capacitors and be designated Capacitor Repairer.
Is being a "CAPACITOR ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAPACITOR ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAPACITOR ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAPACITOR ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 1405