Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects lid seams of closed food or beverage cans to ascertain if lids conform to sealing specifications: Collects random samples of filled cans discharged by closing machine.
- 2) Cuts out center of lid, using can opener, and empties contents.
- 3) Measures thickness of lid seam, using micrometer.
- 4) Removes crimped edge of lid, using pliers, and measures thickness of crimped edge of can wall, using micrometer.
- 5) Records measurements of seam and can hook.
- 6) May measure thickness of bottom seam prior to filling operations.
- 7) May empty contents of defective cans into new cans and place on closing-machine conveyor.
Is being a "CAN INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAN INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAN INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAN INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 1367