Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Photographs various subjects and subject material, using motion picture, television broadcasting, or video recording cameras and equipment, utilizing knowledge of motion picture, television broadcasting, or video recording techniques, limitations, and advantages to photograph scenes: Resolves problems presented by exposure control, subject and camera movement, changes in subject distance during filming, and related variables.
- 2) May receive directives from PRODUCER or DIRECTOR, TELEVISION over headset.
- 3) May set up and operate dollies, cranes, camera mounting heads, power zooms, and related motion picture, television broadcasting, or video recording equipment and accessories.
- 4) May maintain or repair equipment and accessories.
- 5) May specialize in particular subject material or field, such as medical, scientific, news, or commercial.
- 6) May photograph action on motion picture or television sets and locations, using shoulder held camera, and be designated Camera Operator, Second or photograph special effects and be designated Camera Operator, Special Effects.
- 7) May specialize in operation of television cameras and be designated Camera Operator, Television.
- 8) May specialize in operation of motion picture cameras and be designated Photographer, Motion Picture.
Is being a "CAMERA OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAMERA OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAMERA OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAMERA OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1358