Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that stretches and sets circular knitted cloth to uniform width: Turns screws to adjust width of spreader according to specifications.
- 2) Turns valves to admit steam into steam box that sets stretched cloth.
- 3) Threads cloth over feed and guide rollers, around spreader, through steam box, and between pressure rolls, and wraps end of cloth around takeup roll or guides end through swing-folding attachment.
- 4) Starts machine and observes flow of cloth to detect cloth defects, such as dirt, dye streaks, and holes.
- 5) Cuts defects from cloth, using shears.
- 6) Measures width of calendered cloth with hand rule.
- 7) Cuts calendered cloth with shears or automatic cutter attached to machine and doffs rolls of cloth from machine.
- 8) May lower top pressure roller to press cloth.
- 9) May attach identification tag to end of cloth bolt.
- 10) May tend calender fed from rolls, handtruck, or another machine.
Is being a "CALENDERING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CALENDERING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CALENDERING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CALENDERING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1344