"CALENDER-ROLL PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates hydraulic press to build calender rolls used to make paper and textile imprinting and embossing machinery: Fits flange over end of shaft.
- 2) Hoists shaft into vertical position on hydraulic press, using crane.
- 3) Places rings composed of paper, cotton, wool, and corn husks over shaft until shaft is full.
- 4) Fits top flange onto shaft.
- 5) Adjusts valves on hydraulic press, and starts pump to build up pressure.
- 6) Monitors clock and gauges to ensure that pressure is maintained.
- 7) Records weight of material put on shaft, measures length of material being compressed, computes density, and stops press when specified density is reached.
- 8) Maintains pressure for prescribed time.
- 9) Releases pressure and adds material to shaft as necessary.
Is being a "CALENDER-ROLL PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CALENDER-ROLL PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CALENDER-ROLL PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CALENDER-ROLL PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1349